Best GHD hair straighteners
ghd Gold Professional Styler
ghd Mini Professional Styler Flat Iron
ghd Platinum+ Professional
What is a ghd flat iron? A ghd flat iron is a device that straightens your hair by using tourmaline ceramic technology to reduce frizz and static. They are able to make your hair look sleek and smooth, which makes them perfect for people who want their hair to look beautiful. There are different types of ghd flat irons available on the market today, so it’s important for you to know what type you need in order to get the best results from your purchase. In this article we will discuss some of the most popular types of ghd irons on the market today!
A ghd flat iron is suitable for anyone who wants their hair to look sleek and smooth. It’s especially helpful if you have naturally frizzy or curly hair because the ceramic plates will help eliminate any unwanted flyaways. If you are looking for a straightener that will make your hair look healthy and shiny, then this is the right product for you.
A ghd flat iron is a device that straightens your hair by using tourmaline ceramic technology to reduce frizz and static. They are able to make your hair look sleek and smooth, which makes them perfect for people who want their hair to look beautiful. There are different types of ghd flat irons available on the market today, so it’s important for you to know what type you need in order to get the best results from your purchase. In this article we will discuss some of the most popular types of ghd irons on the market today!
Best GHD Flat Irons Reviewed
ghd Original IV Professional Styler – Classic
This is a very popular flat iron from ghd. This professional styler comes with an adjustable heat setting that ranges between 140 and 450 degrees Fahrenheit. The plates are made of ceramic which emits far-infrared heat, keeping your hair shiny and healthy as well as being less damaging to the strand cuticles than other materials such as titanium or tourmaline. And it has no steam vents so you can style your hair without worrying about blowing hot air on them either!
A temperature control allows for customization (140 – 450°F) while its high shine black finish looks really chic in any woman’s arsenal of tools! You will be able to achieve silky straight results within minutes using this product thanks the swivel cord mechanism which allows for 360-degree rotation in cord movement.
The product also comes with a heat protective mat, an instruction manual and two years warranty just to be on the safe side when you buy this ghd professional styler! This is definitely one of the best products from ghd in terms of quality versus price so don’t hesitate if it’s within your budget range. I have seen some reviews where people complain about its durability but honestly speaking every flat iron has its own pros and cons…aside from that I found no other major issues with this one!
- Ionic technology to reduce frizz and static
- Ceramic plates emit far-infrared heat allowing for shiny, healthy hair while being less damaging than other materials such as titanium or tourmaline
ghd Gold Professional Styler
This is another popular straightener from ghd. This flat iron has a good consistency in terms of quality and performance as it doesn’t burn your hair or damage the strand cuticles like other products do. The plates are made with ceramic which emits far-infrared heat keeping your hair shiny, smooth and healthy while being less damaging to the strands compared to titanium or tourmaline materials!
The product comes with an adjustable temperature control between 140°F – 450°F so you can customize the styler according to what works best for your type of hair. It also features 50% more concentrated gold plated ions that create silky results.
The ghd gold professional styler heats up fast and the micro-porous technology emits far-infrared heat for shiny, frizz free results. The build is sturdy but super lightweight so it’s easy to carry around if you are travelling or on the go! It doesn’t come with a glove which isn’t very practical as this helps protect your hands against hot tools plus having one would make styling faster. However, this iron comes with an extra long chord that I find quite helpful because of its length compared to other straighteners without gloves available in stores today.
- Sturdy build that doesn’t feel heavy
- High quality with durable materials
- Fast heating up time
- No gloves included for protection during use.
ghd Platinum+ Professional Styler
This is another great straightener from ghd’s professional collection. The platinum+ edition has more of the same features as the gold styler however it comes with an extra long chord and a glove for protection during use!
The plates are made up of tourmaline, ceramic and titanium materials that emit negative ions to help seal in moisture while strengthening hair strands. This combination also helps protect your locks against damage caused by heat styling tools like flat irons due to high temperatures used on them everyday.
Another standout feature I love about this product is its cool tip which ensures you won’t burn your scalp or hands when using it near sensitive areas such as bangs or underneath layers where you don’t need too much heat exposure. It also has a digital temperature display which is easy to read and can help you see when it’s ready for use.
The maximum heat the styler emits is 450 degrees Fahrenheit while its lowest temp falls at 140 degree Celsius, so this product will work great on every type of hair from thin fine strands to thick coarse ones. It has 25 different heating settings allowing you to adjust depending on your needs! In addition it heats up in 30 seconds or less making sure that if you do need an emergency touch-up during the day there won’t be any unnecessary waiting around wondering how bad things have gotten lol.
- Digital display and cool tip
- Adjustable settings for all hair types
- Pricey if you’re on a budget (but worth it)
ghd Max Professional Styler
The ghd max professional styler is another great choice for those with fine to medium hair looking to achieve sleek straight locks. The ceramic plates like the platinum+ edition emit negative ions but they are infused in this version with tourmaline which helps speed up drying times and can protect your tresses from environmental damage over time.
It has an adjustable temperature dial that goes all the way up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (which also means you won’t need a flat iron touch-up mid day). However its lowest heat setting falls at 170 degree Celsius, so if you do have thicker or curlier strands it might be too hot causing unnecessary stress on them! It heats up super fast though, only needing 30 seconds before it’s ready for use so you won’t have to wait around too long before starting your styling routine.
Another factor that makes it a great choice for those with more coarse hair is its powerful but quiet motor which can get the job done without making much noise, unlike some other models on this list! However if you do need to shut up its sound somewhat then there are two different settings available depending on whether or not you want maximum power or low volume/heat levels- so no matter what kind of environment you’re in while using this ghd styler, you’ll be covered either way by having options.
- Professional quality with tourmaline infused plates for salon style results
- Sleek design and good looks to fit in any bathroom or bedroom décor scheme
- Adjustable temperature settings from 170 up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit so it can suit a wide range of hair types, though it may be too hot for those with thicker/curlier hair.
- May not have the same durability as other models available due to its somewhat flimsy feeling plastic exterior casing that doesn’t lock into place when you’re using it.
ghd Platinum+ Professional Performance Styler – Ink On Pink Collection
The ghd platinum+ professional performance styler is the best choice for those who want sleek, straight hair with added volume and bounce. It has ceramic plates infused with inked on pink collection (ink infusion technology) that emit negative ions to help reduce frizz and damage over time but it also uses tourmaline which adds shine and provides faster drying times- both of these factors make this a great option if you don’t have fine or very thin hair because they can add thickness without weighing down your locks!
This model comes equipped with an adjustable temperature dial so you won’t need to worry about burning up your strands by accidentally turning the heat up too high when styling. This version also emits 25% more far infrared heat than other models available so you’ll get the best results if you have thick or unruly hair.
It has a professional-length nine foot swivel cord so it’s not only easy to use, but also makes it simple to style your locks away from home without worrying that you’re using an extension cord or getting wrapped up in knots during styling. The curved edges of this model will glide down your strands for excellent straightening action and can be used with both wet and dry hair types which is another factor that sets us apart as our customers report no damage when they finish their styles!
- Curved edges for straightening and styling
- Swivel cord makes it easy to use and store
- Includes a heat resistant mat for when you’re not using the styler so your surfaces will be protected from scratches or damage during storage.
- The price point is much higher than other models available but considering the features included in this version, it’s still an excellent value!
ghd Amber Sunrise Gold Styler
The ghd amber sunrise gold styler is a luxurious choice for those who want to add volume and shine with straightening action. This version uses tourmaline plates infused with pink collection ink infusion technology which emits negative ions that help reduce frizz, dry hair quickly, and helps protect your strands from damage over time. The best part about this model is the fact it emits 25% more far infrared heat than most other models available so you’ll be able to get sleek styles even if you have very thick or unruly locks!
This option has an adjustable temperature dial just like our platinum+ professional performance styler but it also comes equipped with ceramic plates- both of these features are ideal for any person who hasn’t yet decided whether they prefer metal or ceramic plates.
The ghd gold professional styler is a pro-level choice for those who want straight hair but don’t have time to work with two different irons throughout the day. This version emits 50% more far infrared heat than any other model which makes it faster and easier to get sleek styles that last even if you’re in a rush. It also has adjustable temperature settings so you’ll be able to set just the right amount of heat no matter what your preference!
- Comes with 25% more infrared heat than most other models
- Emits negative ions for less frizz and damage over time
- May be too bulky or heavy for some people to use on a regular basis.
ghd Mini Professional Styler Flat Iron
The ghd mini professional styler features adjustable temperature settings that let you choose the perfect heat for your hair, whether it’s fine or thick. We love how compact this model is- making it easier to store and take with you on trips!
It has ceramic plates so no matter what type of irons you prefer there’s a good chance this one will work well for your needs. It also emits negative ions which helps lock in moisture while emitting far infrared heat to dry out strands quickly without causing damage over time.
The ghd mini styler is great for travel, can be used with a voltage converter worldwide. It has dual voltage so it will work in the USA or overseas where there are different electrical standards. The included heat resistant mat helps protect surfaces while you style and foldable plates make packing up super easy!
It’s an all around winner- especially considering its affordable price tag compared to other high end products we’ve tested before! We give this best flat iron two thumbs way up and love how quickly it heats up (in just 30 seconds!) plus digital display makes getting your perfect temperature even easier than ever.
- Ionic Technology
- Adjustable Temperature Settings
- Ceramic Plates
- Foldable Plates for Easy Storage and Travel
How to Choose The Best GHD flat iron: A Buyer’s guide
- Check the wattage of your flat iron! Wattages vary from 100W all the way up to 450W. This is an extremely important factor when choosing a ghd ceramic straightener because if you choose one with high heat, then it can burn or damage your hair . If you have fine and thin locks for example, then going too hot could result in frizzy-looking strands that resemble straw.
- Another thing to look out for would be whether or not dual voltage capabilities are available on your top rated flat irons brand. You’ll want a model that has this feature so it’s compatible with international power outlets no matter where you go with them! Many models also don’t come with fully sealed plates make cleaning very difficult as well. You’ll want to make sure that your flat iron can be easily cleaned without worrying about damaging the internal components.
- Two other things you should pay attention are whether or not there is a digital temperature readout and what type of warranty it comes with. This way, you know how hot each model will go before purchasing one so no damage occurs! It’s also important to look into what kind of warranty your top rated ghd straighteners come with just in case anything does happen during use .
- Last but not least would be the price of your flat iron. You can find some really cheap models that look great on paper, just make sure to read reviews before purchasing one! A good rule is to try and stick within a set budget when shopping around for your new ghd straightener.
Types of Ghd Flat Iron
This ghd flat iron has ceramic plates and an extremely slim design. The plates allow you to straighten your hair in less than thirty seconds! It also comes with a protective case so it’s perfect for traveling, or if you need to pack up quickly before heading out the door.
If you are looking for an easy way to create beautiful curls without having them fall throughout the day, then this type of ghd flat iron is what you have been searching for! A soft curl styler will help define natural waves by using negative ion technology that seals moisture into each strand of your lovely locks. You can use these types of irons at different temperatures depending on how tight or loose you want your curls to be.
This ghd flat iron is the best choice if you are looking for a product that will help smooth out frizz and flyaways, while sealing in moisture at the same time! The nano styler uses advanced technology that allows it to lock in healthy hair nutrients like Vitamin E which helps reduce split ends and enhances shine. If you have dry, damaged or color treated locks then this tool can make all of those symptoms disappear!
Even though there are many types of ghd irons on the market today, each one has its own unique features depending on what type of hairstyle you desire to create with them. These products also vary based on price so it’s important to do some research before you purchase one of these products.
Features Of The ghd Flat Irons
Optimum Styling Temperature
The optimum styling temperature not only depends on the hair type, but also how thick it is. Not everyone can use a flat iron at one heat setting! If you have fine or thin hair that breaks easily and has low density, then a lower heat setting would be more appropriate for you. Fine textures need to avoid high temperatures in order maintain their healthy look and prevent damage from overheating. Softer curls with medium thickness will do well at 300 °F/150 °C while coarse, resistant ones should stick to about 365-390° F/185-200° C because they will benefit from an extra hot ghd straightener .
This is an excellent safety feature that will shut off the straightener if accidentally left on. This can help prevent accidental electrical fires or damage to your appliance, so this really should be something you look for when shopping for a new ghd flat iron . What’s more, many older models don’t have this important function! Automatic turn-off means even greater peace of mind and security with your top rated straightening irons brand. It only takes one time leaving it plugged in after use which leaves scorch marks on walls or countertops before you know it! The automatic shut off turns itself into standby mode within three minutes of being idle.
Floating Plates/Heating Plates
This is another good feature that most top rated flat irons come with. Floating plates are extremely useful when you’re ironing your hair at strange angles, like around the chin area or even on a whim! They help create smooth gliding motions and prevent snagging of the hair strands. Heated plates will make sure to keep consistent heat throughout each section for faster styling time while also preventing damage caused by changing temperatures mid-styling session. The best ghd straighteners usually have these features in common because they allow greater control over every strand of hair during styling sessions .
Dual-zone technology is another useful feature you should look for when shopping around. It allows the ghd straightener to maintain a constant temperature throughout the plates, which means there will be no cold spots and hot spots in your iron! This results in more even heat distribution over each section of hair being styled . With dual-zone heating capabilities, it also prevents damage caused by unevenly heated areas on your top rated flat iron.
There are many other key features to look for when shopping around. Two I would recommend looking into more include ionic technology and titanium plates. These two elements help with frizz control while also increasing the shine of your hair after styling sessions!
Tips for using a GHD Flat Iron
- Start with the lowest heat setting and turn it up gradually until you reach your desired temperature.
- If you are using an iron to straighten thick, wavy hair or long hair make sure that each section is small enough so the flat iron can smoothly pass through without getting stuck in between strands (this will prevent breakage). Each strand should be no thicker than one inch when separated into sections for straightening.
- Always use a thermal protector before applying any kind of styling product to avoid damage from direct exposure to high temperatures . It’s also important to protect against humidity which can cause frizziness after drying. A hairspray like Redken Anti-Humidity Hairspray 24 Hour Hold Level Two provides protection at all times.
- Use a heat protector for extra protection before you iron your hair . It is not necessary to apply it directly on damp or wet hair, but make sure that the spray has been tested for use with flat irons and curling wands. This will ensure maximum results when blow drying or using styling tools after straightening.
- Make sure that the plates are smooth and free of any dents or scratches. If your iron is not gliding smoothly over your hair, it can cause hot spots which may burn you or damage your strands.
- The ghd gold classic styler comes with an extra long swivel cord to prevent tangles while styling . It also has dual voltage so you can use it anywhere in the world without having to carry around a converter plug (the power cable for this model automatically converts between 110v – 240v).
When it comes to hair styling, you want something that is going to give you the best results and not take up too much of your time. It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for a flat iron with salon-quality heat or one that has ceramic plates – we’ve got options for everyone! If this is your first time buying a Flat Iron, make sure you read our buyer’s guide on how to pick the best model. We also have FAQs about Ghd Flat Irons so feel free to ask us anything in regards to these products.